Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

World's Shortest Review: CMBN

I see,so Yoosername which is ur favourite game?
I m sure if you are as passionate about it as u are for CMBN we could
add it here,chief permitting,and with ur support write new pages of glory here in FGM

Wot he said.

I see that BF has read this thread and added the following improvement to CMSF.....Camera movement and zooming keys are smoother.

Combat Mission Shock Force v1.32 patch - out now!

I see that BF has read this thread and added the following improvement to CMSF.....Camera movement and zooming keys are smoother.

That's been coming quite a long time now, you're not the first to point it out. So, what's your real point?

Yes, I am quite sure that BF read this thread and then realised that there was a problem with the camera controls.

Luckily for them and us that you were able to point it out to them. Maybe they will send you a copy of CMBN as a thank you.

I decided that my review was still too long. So I have editted it down:
CMBN: ETO=good, Bocage=bad

I see,so Yoosername which is ur favourite game?
I m sure if you are as passionate about it as u are for CMBN we could
add it here,chief permitting,and with ur support write new pages of glory here in FGM

Poker.

I suppose we could play demo-email? I don't even know if it's possible TBH.

The question who was offended in the first place... I was amused as long as it lasted, but all good things must come to an end. Maybe you should award him the Comedy Ribbon, Bootie? :biggrin1:

Now now ladies, no need to swing handbags at each other.

Yoozername,
The UI can be changed so to make it easier to use the hot keys, as an example Reverse which by default is "\" and be changed to "R" etc.. you can get this over at BF found here: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=84362&highlight=hot+keys

If I'm playing on real time, which I would only do against the AI, (if I have time to spare) I always pause the game and give a few quick commands.

That may work for some people but the whole idea of looking at the screen...and then looking DOWN at the keyboard...well, it's not that 'hot' an idea.

Even Microsoft allows Windows users to use the 'classic' Control panel, etc. I was much happier with the CMx1 interface.

I really just wish to select a unit and have some menu pop up near them. The most common 'orders' would be in said window. The less used orders could be put away in teh lower corner like BF seems to think they should.

CMBN gets a big thumbs up from me. Top game. I just wish i had more time to play it and Daisy if your reading this i have finally sent my PBEM!

I really just wish to select a unit and have some menu pop up near them. The most common 'orders' would be in said window. The less used orders could be put away in teh lower corner like BF seems to think they should.

You know there still is such a pop up menu? Try 'SPACE' after you selected a unit...

I would prefer the mouse left click. I suppose people can reprogram the mouse functions also. That is, make the 'space' entry the thumbwheel click or something like that.

Again, the CMx1 interface worked better as it was.

C'mon EoG! You know that the spacebar is difficult and ergonomically unfit for the usage you describe. What were you thinking?

Is that the reason that BF changed it to the way it is now?

Actually no, in an exhaustive study done by BF, with over 10,000 participants, 90% favored the thumbwheel click, over fumbling for the difficult to find spacebar, since that required the multi-tasking ability of watching the monitor, driving the mouse and utilizing the free left hand, all at the same time. In their infinite wisdom, they decided against the more user friendly way outlined above, and decided by committee, to just do something different, because they could. Now that they have put out a substandard product, they have compounded the situation by refusing to improve the product in a timely manner (hell it's been on sale for a month now), thereby guaranteeing a loss of revenue, with which they will then be able to use the tax code breaks, to get a write off and lower their total tax liability. So as you see the problems are far deeper than we ever imagined and based on their proven inability to rectify problems with their games, we're stuck spending our money on a sub-standard product. Or at least those of us who didn't have the foresight to just tell BF to pi$$ off.

Back