Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia - Set Up & Turn 1

Not so pyrrhic Pyrrhic victory.

QgjZyhh.jpg

Many thanks for the game, @Nathangun . Hopefully now the Greeks are back to stay in Italy. But Pyrrhus the-yet-no-so-great looks with envy upon the victory of his general...

I’ll need to check the rules on how the army strengths are adjusted.
I lost 1 (non-raw) Pike. Please note for Pyrrhic restrictions in unit selection.

My 43-14 win results in my army's size being adjusted by -1. The Roman army's size is to be adjusted by -4 and potentially somewhat more due to retreat attrition (please note its general's Drillmaster trait):

1697742191501.png

Last edited:
Please note changes to rules (updated version 1.2 attached below):

Two friendly armies may never be located in the same space. However, an army may move through the space of a friendly army and on to another space if the first roll is a modified 9 or higher and the next roll a modified 2 or higher, or otherwise must return to the space it came from and end Operation there.

Attachments

• RoMG - FOG-adapted rules v12 2023-10-19.pdf
    462.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So here the situation after the BATTLE OF ASCULUM

Roman Army II retreats to Luceria.

Roman Army II suffers following strength points losses: Battle -4, Retreat Attrition -1 (die roll: 6 (+1 General Drillmaster Trait modifier) -- and is reduced to strength 3.

Pyrrhus Army II strength point losses: -1 battle losses -- reduced to strength 10.

Pyrrhus also loses: -1 (non-raw) Pike formation

(Hope I have everything covered)

----------------------------------------------------------

Back to Consul @Nathangun

Phyrrus campaign Turn 1 Cam 013.jpg

1697780125567.png

Back