RUSSIA 1942 Tourney Archive- for tactical study

Let us prey..I send 3x T-34's to root out whatever might be lurking behind the church but they get more than they bargained for as a gaggle of Johnsy's panzers wipes them all out for no losses (inset)..

Johnsy-chur.gif

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 1 of 44, POS v 95Bravo
Winner POS, Tot vic

North at top, wavy lines are final front lines (live units), white dotted arrows are thrust lines-
95B-Ru-end.gif

Rico's 7x panzers punch out the lights of 4 of my T-34's for the loss of only one panzer..
Rico-punch.gif

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 2 of 44, POS v 95Bravo
Winner POS, Major vic
Mirrors completed 1 of 22
95Bravo-endG.gif

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 3 of 44, POS v Von Reich
Winner POS, Tot vic
VreichRus-end.gif

1- Rico's trio of hunting T-34's probes my left flank..
2- So I parry them with a panzer wall..
3- and his other T-34 group cuts my defenceless infantry advance to pieces (4)
Rico-parry.gif

Lacking any roads, my T-34's are forced to wend their way through the forest and as they emerge from the trees they find Owl's two panzer groups have seized the flags and we both lose about 2 tanks in the clash on the left..
Owl-R42.gif

1- My leading T-34 crests a rise
2- and spots Von Reich's panzers at top left, they engage each other and a panzer is knocked out.
3- Seconds later a Stug appears on the right and mercilessly slays the T-34
4- so I reverse my other 2x T-34's rather than put their heads in the noose of the lethal crossfire..
VRGerB.gif

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 4 of 44, POS v Wardog
Winner POS, tot vic 99%-1%
WardendAx.gif

Gun Gun Gun!- Bootie has packed 2 (possibly 3) guns into a small patch of woods and they take out two of my fast-moving T-34's for the loss of one gun..
Boot-guns.gif

Groan..In random-map heavy-trees QB's like these you need eyes in the back of your head because enemy fire can come ripping through the woods from any direction as Pauloondra's T-34's squeeze shots between the tree trunks to knock out a panzer..
PaulooA.gif

No turret, no chance...At the start of the turn Wardog's T-34 can't see my Marder, so he sends it on 'fast' around behind it and clobbers it (inset)
The Marder pivoted desperately trying to bring it's gun to bear-
WardMar.gif

Well-concealed in a clump of woods, Seel's puppchen (circled) engages my T-34 column. (I know it's a puppchen because it went 'whoosh' instead of 'bang')
Inset- my T-34 survives the hit but the pupp must be clubbed down before it can do serious harm-

Seel-pupp.gif

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 5 of 44, POS v Wardog
Winner POS, major vic 80%-20%
Mirrors completed 2 of 22
WardRus.gif

My Germans probe the outskirts of the village but MGK's KV wall slams the door in their faces and I lose 2 panzers for possibly one KV..
mgkR42.gif

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 6 of 44, POS v Nort
Winner Nort, major vic 73%-27%

My force morale dropped to 12% on the previous turn because of my heavy losses so the computer auto-surrendered me..
NortendRus-1.gif

My Russians and mgk's Germans unexpectedly walk head on into each other..

MGKRu.gif

What advice can you give us master?

caineB.jpg

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 7 of 44, POS v Mikey
Draw, POS 49% - Mikey 51%
MikAxend.gif

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 8 of 44, POS v Mikey
Winner Mikey, Tac vic 70%-30%
Completed mirrors 3 of 22
MikRus-end.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LEADER BOARD
(Only people whose mirror score beat mine are shown on board)

1st- Mikey : score 42 (Drew first game 51-49, Tac win second game 70-30)

------------------------------------------------

These 3 out of 22 mirrors finished so far (in order of finishing)
95Bravo
Wardog
Mikey

I send my T-34 on 'fast' to root out one of Pauloondra's Stugs spotted earlier lurking behind the house, but (gulp) there are 3 of them back there and my boy gets toasted, dying before he can even get off a shot..

PaulAx-stug.gif

Back
Top Bottom