RUSSIA 1942 Tourney Archive- for tactical study

They're flamethrowing jobs, Bootie bought a whole fleet of 'em

Ah i see, fair enough then i would have probably took a punt on them in the heavy trees too. Anyone ever had a FT tank vs FT tank fight before? its pretty fun

Seems like the Germans are having a tough time getting some wins. Not impossible, but a tough feet.

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 19 of 44, POS v Johnsy
Winner POS, minor vic
JohnsyGer.gif

Seems like the Germans are having a tough time getting some wins. Not impossible, but a tough feet.

Yah the high price of Pz IV-longs in May 42 means they can never afford enough to match the numbers of cheaper Russian T-34's, but at least it gives a realistic historical experience of being up against the Russian juggernaut.

Ha ha, this from the game against Von Reich, Lady Luck gives his Stugs this dollop of good luck..:)

LuckA.gif

As my two panzer groups try to pincer out the flags, they're contested by the full might of AntiG3n's Red Army; I lose two tanks for the loss of possibly two Russian machines..
AntiG-rus.gif

On the last turn of my game with Seel I ordered my German infantry to go into the wood with a blanket 'Advance' order to mop up a few Russian remnants in there and seize the flag, what can possibly go wrong?
Inset- bad idea, they're cut down in the open by what turns out to be a powerful Russian garrison..
Tac note- Although 'Advance' is a good order to limit casualties, it's useless if advancing against a strong force.
Seel-inf.gif

Tac note- Although 'Advance' is a good order to limit casualties, it's useless if advancing against a strong force.

Agreed, i think the assault command would have been much more effective for the left hand group of troops. Incidentally i see you tried to send all your forces, i think you should have laid down suppressing fire with the right hand troops and rushed the gap with the left hand ones. But hey thats just me : )

Sometimes things look better on paper, then they really are. Been there done that.

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 20 of 44, POS v Von Reich
Winner POS, major vic
VReichGer.gif

----------------------------------------------------

LEADER BOARD
(Only people whose mirror scores beat mine are shown on board)

1st- Mikey : score 42 (Drew first game 51-49, he got tac win second game 70-30)
2nd- Rico: score 38 (He got major win in first game 79-21, and suffered minor defeat in second game 40-60)
3rd- Lord Bane: score 4 (Drew first game 55-45, Drew second game 47-53)

------------------------------------------------

8 out of 22 mirrors finished so far (in order of finishing)
95Bravo
Wardog
Mikey
Rico
Nort
Lord Bane
Seel
Von Reich

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 21 of 44, POS v Johnsy
Winner Johnsy, major vic
JohnsyRuss.gif

LEADER BOARD

2nd- Rico: score 38 (He got major win in first game 79-21, and suffered minor defeat in second game 40-60)
3rd- Johnsy: score 20 (He suffered minor defeat in first game 38-62, and got major win in second game 72-28)
4th- Lord Bane: score 4 (Drew first game 55-45, Drew second game 47-53)

9 out of 22 mirrors finished so far (in order of finishing)
95Bravo
Wardog
Mikey
Rico
Nort
Lord Bane
Seel
Von Reich
Johnsy

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 22 of 44, POS v Ratzki
Winner Ratzki, major vic
RatzkiRus.gif

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 23 of 44, POS v Ratzki
Winner POS, tactical vic
RatzkGer.gif

LEADER BOARD

3rd- Johnsy and Ratzki: score 20 (Johnsy suffered minor defeat in first game 38-62, and got major win in second game 72-28)
(Ratzki got major win in first game 74-26, and suffered tac defeat in second game 36-64)
5th- Lord Bane: score 4 (Drew first game 55-45, Drew second game 47-53)

10 out of 22 mirrors finished so far (in order of finishing)-
95Bravo
Wardog
Mikey
Rico
Nort
Lord Bane
Seel
Von Reich
Johnsy
Ratzki

Yah the high price of Pz IV-longs in May 42 means they can never afford enough to match the numbers of cheaper Russian T-34's, but at least it gives a realistic historical experience of being up against the Russian juggernaut.

Great tourney, POS... as always!

I'd say a more realistic reflection of battle in mid '42 would be German forces in general at Veteran or Crack level, while the Russkies had better, cheaper and more numerous equipment... they still had a LOT to learn at this stage (and all the way past Kursk, really) ... so Russian units shouldn't (especially tank units) be better than Regular at this point.
Also, most combat in '42 occurred in the wide open plains and steppes of the eastern Ukrain and the Donbas... exception being parts of the Crimea and once the Germans hit the forested Caucasus region.

But nevertheless, lots of fun to be had in a POS tourney :)

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 24 of 44, POS v Andre
Winner Andre, minor vic
Andre-Rus.gif

LEADER BOARD

3rd- Johnsy and Ratzki: score 20 (Johnsy suffered minor defeat in first game 38-62, and got major win in second game 72-28)
(Ratzki got major win in first game 74-26, and suffered tac defeat in second game 36-64)

The 11 out of 22 mirrors finished so far (in order of finishing)-
95Bravo
Wardog
Mikey
Rico
Nort
Lord Bane
Seel
Von Reich
Johnsy
Ratzki
Andre

INDIV RESULT JUST IN
Game 25 of 44, POS v Pauloondra
Winner Pauloondra, major vic
PaulooRus.gif

MIRROR RESULT JUST IN
Game 26 of 44, POS v Airborne Bob
Winner POS, major vic
AbobRus.gif

LEADER BOARD

The 12 out of 22 mirrors finished so far (in order of finishing)-
95Bravo
Wardog
Mikey
Rico
Nort
Lord Bane
Seel
Von Reich
Johnsy
Ratzki
Andre
Airborne Bob

Groan...I send my 3 x T-34's hunting cautiously forward to meet Bootie's panzer group that's coming over the hill, but I forget the 31-second Russian command delay and my botched movement plotting means one of my T-34's gets too far ahead out on his own and is cut down..
BootGerJ.gif

MGK's KV-1s pour concentrated fire into the German column on the road..
Inset-jerry fights for his life as he takes it on the chin-
MGK-KVs.gif

Caught exposed on a forward slope, my panzers come under fierce attack from Eniced's red army..
EnicRus.gif

Back
Top Bottom