Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

SAN LAZZARO .... anti-tank guns and their crews don't last very long in CM... at least they did some damage first (I hope)

View attachment 18761

I find they are quite resilient actually. But maybe they have been made more vulnerable since I started playing many years ago. I can remember posting a screenshot of an 88 that had taken a direct hit from a 105mm howitzer. The gun was literally sitting in the crater but still fully operational.

What took out your gun?

I find they are quite resilient actually. But maybe they have been made more vulnerable since I started playing many years ago. I can remember posting a screenshot of an 88 that had taken a direct hit from a 105mm howitzer. The gun was literally sitting in the crater but still fully operational.

What took out your gun?

Sherman, I think.

I think they are too easy to spot in many instances... and if you put them in a trench or foxholes, even worse.

Sherman, I think.

I think they are too easy to spot in many instances... and if you put them in a trench or foxholes, even worse.

I find them really difficult to spot, but then I only play Normandy and Ardennes, where there's always some forest and / or hedgerow to conceal them. I guess in Italy, good concealment is more rare.

FAUGLIA PASS -- grenadiers fight off an enemy probe across the ridge line...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-02 08-46-48-113.jpg

SANTA SOFIA ... trying to shift an enemy M-10 Tank Destroyer with some hi-ex, hoping to land some shrapnel into that open topped turret :cool: ... at the ranges on these small maps, they are annoyingly deadly...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-02 09-06-13-391.jpg

SANTA SOFIA ... urban redecorating, Panther style... just in case we have some Allied squatters in that buildings... (and we packed extra HE, just in case) :) ... bracing ourselves for the inevitable shower of PIATS.

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-02 09-07-28-532.jpg

FAUGLIA PASS is a nail biter for my Pixeltruppen. May this light mortar round find a target!

second 2.JPG

SAN LAZZARO, taking care of some pesky Axis troops hiding in the tree line

San Lz 5.JPG

I'll hand it to the panzerschreck team in SANTA SOFIA, doesn't get more center mass than this!

Panther 4.JPG

How does a HQ team armed with a Tommy Gun and pistols take out this Panther? Asking for a friend.

second 3.JPG

FAUGLIA PASS ...

Shermans in the mist ... this Panzer III's wartime career is over...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-04 08-35-08-187.jpg

Pimp My Ride! A daring commando-style jeep-borne South African infantry raid behind Axis lines gets a mortar bomb dropped slap bang on the jeep's passenger seat. :cool:

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-04 08-29-50-145.jpg

It's moments like these when you really love this game. :LOL:

For all the cat lovers out there ... a pair of Panthers on the prowl ... shooting up enemy infantry with their co-axial MG-34's...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-04 08-58-16-195.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, these Panthers working in tandem are scattering my Pixeltruppen like crazy. Just seeing them causes panic and the desire to flee.

High risk strategy getting those... leaves one somewhat short of points for other stuff like an extra platoon or two of infantry... and on lucky gun hit, getting bogged or disabled ... and you have a useless pillbox stuck in a probably useless position -- never mind one good shot with a dirt cheap PIAT...

Battles are all reaching dramatic climaxes...

FAUGLIA PASS

Enemy Sherman prowling on the right flank of Kampfgruppe Fritz shooting up the hapless grenadiers on the lower slopes ... a section with a Panzerschreck hurries over...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-05 08-31-06-508.jpg

He shoots...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-05 08-31-39-401.jpg

He scores!

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-05 09-04-22-653.jpg

Meanwhile the supporting Panther plays "King of the Hill" on the objective...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-05 08-37-31-683.jpg

...and an enemy scout car is getting the "fu** outta Fauglia!"

CM Fortress Italy 2020-05-05 08-36-35-726.jpg

Back