Armour losses this game: POS=6, Bootie=6
----------------------------------------
Armour losses in tourney so far: POS=123, Oppos=158
Mirrors completed- 10/22
Indiv games completed 20/44
POS Played 20, Won 10, Drawn 6, Lost 4
-----------------------------------------
Endgame map showing final front lines (wavy lines), north at top. Flags outlined in white for clarity

BootRusend.gif

---------------------------------------

LEADER BOARD UPDATED Mikey still leads!
(full updated leader board listings are in first post on page 1)

Re: Valentines v Pz III's Tourney

The battle for the village rages in all its fury as Vartuoosi's Wehrmacht takes on the Red Army..
Vart6.gif

Bert Blitzkrieg's Stummel entertains my Russian squad with canister shot..
Bert-can1.gif

The lethal cloud leaving the barrel.
(Inset top right- it envelops its victim; and bottom left the squad runs for its life)

Bert-can2.gif

I never seen this before. Is it only the Stummel that carries this king of shot? Great pics, BTW

I've gone through the Cmbb and Cmak Armour and Vehicles lists in the editor year by year and here's the ones with canister rounds (but remember in QB's there's a chance the computer might randomly decide to allocate none, few, or many rounds)

GERMAN
The short 75mm L/24 is canister-capable through the whole war on panzers, stugs, armoured cars and halftracks.

RUSSIAN
All models of T-34/76 and the T-34/57 are can-capable through the whole war, so are the KV-1 family, the OT-34 flame tank and the Stuart.

BRITISH
Only one Brit tank can fire canister, the Stuart VI (earlier model Stuarts can't)

AMERICAN
All their Stuart models can fire canister, so can the M8 Greyhound

ITALIAN
None of their AFV's can fire canister

MORE PRETTY PICS- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?301-Canister

RESULT JUST IN

POS v Airborne Bob (1st of mirror pair)
Draw (POS Ger) 46%: Airborne Bob 54%
Armour losses this game: POS 7: Airborne Bob 10
Armour losses in tourney so far: POS=130, Oppos=168
Mirrors completed- 10/22
Indiv games completed 21/44
POS Played 21, Won 10, Drawn 7, Lost 4
Endgame map showing final front lines (wavy lines), north at top. Flags outlined in white for clarity

AbobRuend.gif

mTk's Russian infantry assaults my flag garrison with plenty of armour backup, killing 4 of my panzers (X'd) in the process, i'm getting a bad feeling about this..
Mtk3.gif

I've gone through the Cmbb and Cmak Armour and Vehicles lists in the editor year by year and here's the ones with canister rounds (but remember in QB's there's a chance the computer might randomly decide to allocate none, few, or many rounds)

GERMAN
The short 75mm L/24 is canister-capable through the whole war on panzers, stugs, armoured cars and halftracks.

RUSSIAN
All models of T-34/76 and the T-34/57 are can-capable through the whole war, so are the KV-1 family, the OT-34 flame tank and the Stuart.

BRITISH
Only one Brit tank can fire canister, the Stuart VI (earlier model Stuarts can't)

AMERICAN
All their Stuart models can fire canister, so can the M8 Greyhound

ITALIAN
None of their AFV's can fire canister

MORE PRETTY PICS- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?301-Canister

The Russian 45mm guns are capable of canistershot too. The AT gun anyway. Not sure about tanks with the 45mm gun.

My infantry temporarily stand their ground against Willard's close-quarter Val assault, they killed the lead tank with a bundle and then ran..
Will-vals.gif

My infantry probe into the town hall is thwarted as Nathangun's Valentines demolish it in their faces..
Nath-blow.gif

My German infantry flee for their lives as Willard's Valentine pack mauls them in a feeding frenzy..

Will-val.gif

My russian infantry's march on the flag is rudely interrupted as a trio of Gunner's panzers ambushes them..
Gunn-amb.gif

As the game enters its final turns, my Valentines pour concentrated 6-pounder fire into Vartuoosi's panzer group to try to break their grip on the flag..

Clipboard01-3.png

Breakthrough! My Russian infantry race to seize the flag on the final turn after my 8x Vals blew a hole in Airborne Bob's panzer wall..

AbobGer.gif

RESULT JUST IN

POS v Airborne Bob (2nd of mirror pair)
POS won Tot vic 87%: 13%
Armour losses this game: POS 4: Airborne Bob 15
Armour losses in tourney so far: POS=134, Oppos=183
Mirrors completed- 11/23
Indiv games completed 22/46
POS Played 22, Won 11, Drawn 7, Lost 4

AbobGerEnd.gif

LEADER BOARD UPDATED Mikey still leads!
(full updated leader board listings are in first post on page 1)

mfred's halftrack at '1' has stalled my German infantry at '2', note the tracer ripping into them.
So I detach two panzers (3) to hook round on 'Fast' and silence it, what could possibly go wrong?
Oops, they walk into two lurking Valentines (4) and i quickly lose both panzers for no Val losses before they can engage the halftrack.
Meanwhile to add insult to injury a russian artillery barrage is dropping in the circled area at 5, sending my infantry crawling and setting the woods on fire..

mfredRus1.gif

Groan, no matter how many trees you surround yourself with for concealment, there are always line-of-sight loopholes you haven't noticed, as here when AntiG3n's two Valentines hunt down and kill my panzer..
antiG-amb.gif

To the green fields beyond..
Nathangun's Valentines punch clean through the German front line on turn 15, and my two panzer groups (circles) are too far away to do anything about it..

Nath-brethru.gif

mfred's big German push comes in at '1' under cover of a smoke barrage, while a secondary thrust at '2' stops my advancing russian infantry in their tracks (red circle at '3'), so i send two Valentine groups ('4' and '5') forward, desperately seeking lines of sight to the Wehrmacht onslaught..

mfred-smok.gif

RESULT JUST IN

POS v Andre (1st of mirror pair)
Andre won Minor vic 57%: 43%
Armour losses this game: POS 3: Andre 2
Armour losses in tourney so far: POS=137, Oppos=185
Mirrors completed- 11/23
Indiv games completed 23/46
POS Played 23, Won 11, Drawn 7, Lost 5

AndreRuEnd.gif

Back
Top Bottom