Bootie reads the bible....

..would you really start an argument with God Almighty. Why argue with God?

Happened all the time mate, many biblical figures were just ordinary people-
For example Jonah was so scared he refused pointblank to be a prophet and jumped on a ship to escape, bad call -
"Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish." (Jonah 1:3)

And young Jeremiah tried to talk his way out of the job - "Lord i'm no good at speaking, i'm too young and people won't take me seriously" (Jer 1:6)

And even Jesus said-"Oh God I don't want to die tomorrow, get me out of it if you can" (Matt 26:42)

As for Moses-
GOD - "I want you to be my prophet"
MOSES - "Er.. I'm honoured of course, but I'm a lousy speaker, better get a Charlton Heston type instead"
GOD - "Look mate, take your brother to speak for you, now get going and kick Pharoahs butt"

(Exodus 4 -"Moses said to the Lord: I have never been eloquent..I am slow of speech and tongue...please send someone else to do it...
Then the Lords's anger burned against Moses and he said -What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well.You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do"..
)

Zaraza quote (re metaphor)-Then, how do you know what's true and what's not?

Zaraza quote (re open mind)-So, why dont you open it and consider fact that Genesis is false.
-------------------------------------------------------

1- Jesus said- "Love God, love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"
That's the central core of Christianity and nothing else matters, that's why satan cunningly leads atheists away from it by making them obsessed with debating less important parts of the bible.

2- Genesis is one of the prime examples of metaphor and symbology, it tries to put Creation into simple terms that our human minds can understand and no modern christian takes it literally..:)

but most modern christians would say God gave humans the knowledge to make scientific progress, so let's use that knowledge..:)

Zaraza reply- So, why aren't they using it? Lack of open mind?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many scientists who are christians..;)

1- Jesus said- "Love God, love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"
That's the central core of Christianity and nothing else matters, that's why satan cunningly leads atheists away from it by making them obsessed with debating less important parts of the bible.

I don't see why atheists can't love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor...

Still strange though.... God didnt manifest himself as a man did he?
So what or who were they arguing with... Gods voice in their heads?

1- God has never been seen by any human because spirit can't be seen, Jesus said- "God is spirit"- John 4:24
That's why God has had to use middlemen through the centuries to speak through such as the prophets, angels and Jesus.

2- Rather than speaking in their heads, he speaks in their hearts, downloading himself into them to bring them 'online'. Best example of this was when the psycho hassler of christians Saul was zapped by a download so powerful that it instantly turned him into one of the greatest christians of all.

I don't see why atheists can't love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor...

They can, and good luck to them, but the bottom line is that the bible is quite clear that we have to lock onto Jesus before we die, or we go up the spout.
The body dies, then the soul flies..
Think of christian souls as "guided missiles" homing in on Jesus..
But an atheist soul has no lock on Jesus and is said in military parlance to "go stupid" and veer off into nowhere..
"Ungodly men for whom the blackness of darkness is reserved forever" (Jude 1:4-19)

They can, and good luck to them, but the bottom line is that the bible is quite clear that we have to lock onto Jesus before we die, or we go up the spout.
The body dies, then the soul flies..
Think of christian souls as "guided missiles" homing in on Jesus..
But an atheist soul has no lock on Jesus and is said in military parlance to "go stupid" and veer off into nowhere..
"Ungodly men for whom the blackness of darkness is reserved forever" (Jude 1:4-19)

Therefore the Dalai Lama is going to hell? I can see the scientologists and (ick) Mormons going into the blackness. BUT THE LAMA???

(said in my best Bill Murray Caddyshack voice)

LMAO!!

BTW, you will be happy to know POS, that I am christening my little daughter as a Roman Catholic. I am of the Greek orthodoxy, but my wife is RC. You know how that goes??

: )

Cheers!

Leto

.. the Dalai Lama is going to hell?..

Let me put it this way mate- if him and any other buddhists are going to be in heaven, I don't want to go.
Buddhism has satans fingerprints all over it, look-

Buddhism says don't love anybody and instead adopt an 'I'm all right Jack' attitude- "He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes"- Buddha

Buddhism says there's no devil- "It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."- Buddha

Buddhism says don't believe the Bible or anything else- "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"- Buddha

Buddhism says we don't need God or Jesus or anybody else- "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path....Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without....The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed...Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others"- Buddha

In fairness to Buddha he made great attempts to discover the Truth 600 years before Jesus was born, but he was just a human giving us his best guesses, hunches and theories.
But Jesus said -"..the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)
And THERE we have the huge difference between Buddha and Jesus, Buddha was just a man, but Jesus was the Son of God..
I often wonder what the two would have said to each other if they'd met..
And I wonder what Buddha would say to his followers nowadays, i.e -" ignore Jesus", or "Listen to him!". ?

Certainly,as a seeker of the Truth, Buddha will probably have seen the writings of the ancient prophets who foretold the coming of a "Superprophet" (Jesus), and Buddha must have wished he'd be around to meet him.
Perhaps Jesus hinted at this when he told his disciples -
"..many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which you see, and have not seen them, and to hear those things which you hear, and have not heard them" (Matt 13:17)

Let me put it this way mate- if him and any other buddhists are going to be in heaven, I don't want to go.

What happened to "love and respect" everybody?

By the way, if they are in heaven, and God let them in heaven, that means that you are talking against you God, disobeying him and question his decisions.

Buddhism says there's no devil- "It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."- Buddha

So? This is very true.
I can bet that you can find something similar in Bible.

Buddhism says don't believe the Bible or anything else- "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"- Buddha

In the other words, Buddhism supports free will concept.

POS quote- if him [Dalai Lama] and any other buddhists are going to be in heaven, I don't want to go.

Zaraza reply- What happened to "love and respect" everybody?
..if God let them in heaven, that means that you are talking against you God, disobeying him and question his decisions.

POS comeback- We can respect people, but we can't respect their crackpot beliefs. "Thus saith the Lord, learn not the way of the heathen"-Jer 10:2
Buddhists are Jesus-rejecters, so why would God let them into heaven? If he did, it'd be a case of 'oops there goes the neighbourhood', and it ain't gonna happen..:)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

POS quote- Buddhism says there's no devil- "It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."- Buddha

Zaraza reply- So? This is very true.
I can bet that you can find something similar in Bible.

POS comeback- Nah, check it: Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6)
Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

POS quote- Buddhism says don't believe the Bible or anything else- "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"- Buddha

Zaraza reply- In the other words, Buddhism supports free will concept.

POS comeback- The bible supports free will too, it gives us free choice to accept Jesus or reject him..:)

Moving on Ive just read about Sodom and Gomorrah.

Two angels dander in to Sodom and see Lot.

They stay at his and eat some bread and during the meal every.. (?) man in Sodom comes to the house demanding the angels are thrown to them so they could have sex with them? I guess thats where the word Sodomy comes from eh? Buggery just doesnt sound right... Buggery and Gomorrah?

Angels : Hey Lot take your loved ones and get out of here because we are going to open up a can of whoopass on this place.

Lot : No I will defend you against this huge crowd.

Lot steps out and shouts at the horny gathered throng... leave these two guys alone and here have sex with my 2 virgin daughters.

Throng : No thanks mate... we prefer guys.

Lot : Oh Ok.... (he steps back inside)

In short the angels then blind the men in the horny throng and they dont enter the house. In the morning the angels tell Lot to get a move on cos they are gonna trash this joint.

Lot legs it but his missus has a cheeky glance back and turns into a column of salt.....

Salt...?

And Sodom and Gomorrah get destroyed, engulfed in flame and ash....

Sounds like a volcano to me..... could that be how the men outside the house got blinded... the sky wouldve turned dark and the ash raining down would have smothered everything... by morning the lava flows stretched across the plain and destroyed the 2 cities and everything and everyone else on the plain.

God works in mysterious ways... maybe he rustled up a volcano.

Very interesting video that, and Yes i reckon it must have been a volcano, which if you were a very religous person you would expect to say that God sent a large fire storm to destroy Gomorrah, My self I believe in God, or should I say I like to believe in God, but with science and knowing about the changing world you can't help thinking perhaps it is the changing world, and these disaster's that happen we could relate them to the ways of God........Confusing

It was not a volcano.... there has been no volcanic activity in that region according to scientists. The cities do however lie on a fault line down the west side of the Dead Sea.

You know that very strange thing's do happen unbelievable some times, perhaps we come down to saying a miracle as happened, I said it before science and the bible just don't go hand in hand with each other, to my mind you either believe in one or the other.....possibly the most incredible subject of time, So I will stay with the magic of God

.......to my mind you either believe in one or the other.....

Why does people always mention that science is something to believe in?
Science, unlike Bible, does not require believing. It is based on facts that can be tested and verified with no 1000 meanings.

Why does people always mention that science is something to believe in?
Science, unlike Bible, does not require believing. It is based on facts that can be tested and verified with no 1000 meanings.

Science may be fact as in testing and proving thing's, so like I say you either believe in this or you believe in the Bible...either way you Quote you believe in one or the other

Back
Top Bottom